NCSU College of Engineering - Industry Expansion Solutions
North Carolina State University College of Engineering's Industry Expansion Solutions, the first of its kind in the United States, was established in 1955 to help North Carolina industries grow and prosper.
IES is the recognized leader and change agent for the sustaining and advancing North Carolina's industries.
The Industrial Extension Service is a statewide, university-affiliated organization partnering with North Carolina industry as a catalyst for the transfer of knowledge and technology in support of economic development.
In both its internal and external relationships, IES values:
- A commitment to excellence
- A strong customer focus
- A dedication to providing value
What Makes IES Different?
IES specialists bring a wealth of knowledge to their clients. Most have 15 years – or more – of private industry experience. They have transformed failing plants or are nationally recognized quality experts. Their know-how is reinforced by University expertise.
That's why projects led by IES specialists often result in savings of $13 for every dollar spent, and the value of IES to North Carolina taxpayers exceeds $45 for every tax dollar spent.
- U.S. Coast Guard Reports $10 Million in Value from NC State Projects
- Lean Transformation at United Southern Industries Produces Biggest Profit Margin in 37 Years
- Productivity Gains for Moen with Help of NC State University
- Lean helps justify $4 million investment for Oiles America
- BorgWarner Turbo Systems Saves Almost $1.5 Million Annually with Six Sigma
- Lean Tools Used in Iraq
- The Greening of Industry – Confusion or Opportunity?
- Six Sigma Success Requires Management Support
- Hickory Chair's "secret weapon": Employees